If you're not a morning person and don't believe in a morning workout and meditation, then you'll be happy to know that getting ahead in life is all about how you spend your evening. According to experts and Daily Mail, there are five simple things that everyone should be doing before they crawl into bed. The best part is that it only takes 10 minutes and then you can rest assured that you will get a head start the next day.
- Keep a gratitude journal: at the end of the day, write down three things that you are grateful for (even if life is good). It's also a good idea to keep a notebook by your bed to just write down everything in your head, like a stream of consciousness with no editing. This will help clear your mind and gather your thoughts at the end of each day.
- Prepare your nutrition: make a freshly squeezed juice or a smoothie and pop it in the fridge so you can have it for breakfast the next day and it will be ready when you wake up! Prepare a nutritious lunch as well so you will be more relaxed in the morning if you know you won't have to rush to prepare your food. It is also easier to eat healthier, and adopt a healthier lifestyle if you pre-make your meals rather than running out quickly to grab a sandwich.
- Mentally prepare your mind for the first thing you will do when you wake up: Whether it's exercise, or taking a shower, or getting dressed for work, have all of your stuff prepared so you can spring right out of bed and get started with your day! For example, if you intend to do yoga, lay out your fitness clothes and yoga mat by your bed so that you can quickly grab it once you get up.
- Write a to do list- List the top five things you must do the next day for it to be a successful day. Another good strategy is to schedule out your time so that you work in ninety minute blocks, which can improve concentration.
- FaceTime a loved one: While screens can be the devil, technology can also be a massive enabler of happiness. Just FaceTiming with the kids, a loved one, or a friend for a minute or two is a great source of happiness. It will improve your mood which can result in a good nights sleep.