Nothing says Fourth of July quite like a spectacular firework show to light up the night sky. Wondering where you can watch fireworks in the New York City area? Gather your family and friends and put on all of your patriotic gear because here are the top 5 epic places to watch fireworks in and around New York City this Independence Day.
1. The nation's largest fireworks show,Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks, are back for another year to light up the New York City skyline. The fireworks are set off from four barges stationed along the East River between Broad Street and the Brooklyn Bridge. The 5 official viewing points are; Broadstreet & Water Street, Pearl Street & Dover Street, Robert F. Wagner Sr. Street & St. James Place, Pearl Street & St. James Place, and Montgomery Street & Cherry Street. The show will include performances by Maren Morris, Khalid, Luke Bryan, Brad Paisley, Ciara, and Derek Hough.
For more information visit their official website. Can't make it to NYC? Watch it live on NBC Thursday, July 4, from 8pm-10pm ET.
2. If you want a fantastic place to spend your entire 4th of July, head to Coney Island and Brighton Beach in South Brooklyn for a day of fun that the whole family will enjoy. Enjoy some fun in the sun at the beach and top off the night with a fireworks show viewable from the pier, boardwalk, and Coney Island beach beginning at 9:50pm.
3. Jersey City's 50 Star Fire Show is taking place on the Hudson River waterfront located at Exchange Place at Montgomery & Hudson Street. Spend the day at the festival riding carnival rides and indulging in hotdogs or burgers and end your night with unbelievable views illuminated by an unforgettable fireworks show. This year's concert headliners are Pitbull and Akon! For more information visit: http://freedomandfireworks.com
4. The New Jersey State Fair has a two-night firework extravaganza on Wednesday July 3, 2019 and Thursday July 4, 2019. The fair is located at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The fireworks will be set off after 10:00 pm on both days. To learn more, click here.
5. Ridgewood’s 4th of July celebration is located at Veteran’s Field in Ridgewood, New Jersey. Gates open at 6:00 pm and close at 9:00pm. The fireworks show is one you don’t want to miss! Click here for more information.
Happy Fourth of July!