In light of recent events, Austin from Santa Ana, CA called in to share his best practices when working from home.
He's had a solid gig working from home prior to all of this and shared these amazing tips:
- Set dedicated hours & stick to your routine as best as you can.
- Schedule breaks for yourself... Get up and move around. The human body was meant to move. Work from the couch, the table, and a desk. Don’t let yourself settle into one place. Walk at least a little bit each hour.
- Stay hydrated. You likely have a hydration habit that is different at home than your place of work. Keep a bottle of water nearby and drink it.
- Media is your best friend and worst enemy. If you’re used to a noisy work environment put on some background noise. Star Trek and West Wing are my go-to shows, but The Office, Parks and Rec and such are excellent as well.
- Just because you are stuck home doesn’t mean you are stuck inside. Sunshine and fresh air are good for the soul. Take your dog for a walk, work from your porch, check the mail.
- Friendly reminder, please continue to brush your teeth! Also, make sure you change your toothbrush out. Now's a good time to do so!