A few ideas for you (and your pet) to keep cool this summer:
- Hang a wet sheet in an open window.
- Close all curtains and blinds.
- Put a bowl of ice in front of a fan.
- Clean/replace your A/C filter.
- Shut your fireplace damper.
- Eat something spicy – Believe it or not, eating hot stuff can cool you down.
For your pet:
- Ice cubes are a terrific way to increase your pet's water intake because it seems like a treat to them.
- Add electrolytes to their bowl to make the flavor seem more enticing.
- Sometimes, pets will respond better to flowing water, so you can buy a water pump that cycles and filters the water throughout the day. (Stays fresher too)
- Serving your pet wet food can also increase the fluids they are consuming.
- Always make sure you bring a water bowl or bottle to keep your pet hydrated during playtime outside.
Learn more at drdevonsmith.com.