Nobody wants to get ghosted. If you don't know what 'getting ghosted' is, according to Urban Dictionary, it is the 'act of suddenly ceasing all communication with someone the subject is dating, but no longer wishes to date. This is done in hopes that the ghostee will just "get the hint" and leave the subject alone, opposed to the subject simply telling them that he/she is no longer interested.'
If you've ever been a victim of ghosting, you know how bad it feels. Nobody wants to go on a date, exchange numbers, communicate for a week, and then being left without a trace. No one deserves to be left hanging, even if a date didn't go as planned.
Still, there's no reason to completely vanish without a trace. Here are some nicer suggestions that you can do instead of completely ghosting someone!
- Text them that you just don't see it going any further
- Tell them you don't think you're compatible
- Tell them exactly what you're looking for, whether it's serious or not
- If you want to be their friend, it's okay to say that too!
- Apologize for leading them on and tell them why you don't want to proceed
Those suggestions are much more mature than ghosting someone. Don't be like this guy!